Are you currently hosting on Simplecast, Libsyn, Pod Bean, or Anchor?
You can easily import your podcast into Transistor!
Once the import is complete, and you've updated Apple Podcasts, you can delete your old Simplecast, Libsyn, Pod Bean, or Anchor account.
Step 1: log into Transistor and click "Add show"
In the "My Shows" menu, click "Add show." You'll see a screen that looks like this:
You're going to be using the "Import an Existing Show" section.
Step 2: find your main RSS feed for your show
Now, find your podcast's main feed URL.
In Simplecast, go to "Sharing" in the menu, and copy the URL under "RSS Feed."
In Libsyn, go to your Dashboard, and click on "Designations." Click “Edit” for the “Libsyn Classic Feed.”
Step 3: wait while we import your show
Our system will import your feed into Transistor. Depending on the number of episodes you have, this could take awhile! We'll email you when it's done.
Step 4: success! Find your new RSS feed URL on Transistor
Once your show is imported, you'll be able to view your show on Transistor (with all of your previous episodes) plus grab your new RSS feed URL:
Step 5: update your RSS feed URL in Apple Podcast Connect
Log into your account on Apple's Podcast Connect, find your show, and paste in your new feed URL:
Step 6: update your RSS feed on Spotify
- Log in to the Spotify Podcast Portal (https://podcasters.spotify.com)
- On the Dashboard, choose your podcast
- Click on the "Settings" link in the menu
- Click the "Update" button
- Paste in your new RSS feed URL
- Confirm your settings
- Now Spotify will pull new podcast episodes from your new feed!
Watch this video for more information.
Step 7: go back to your old provider and forward to your new feed URL
Now it's time to go back to your old podcast host (Simplecast, Libsyn, etc) and forward your old feed to your new Transistor feed.
Forward your old Simplecast feed
Go to "Podcast settings" and scroll to the bottom until you see "Advanced settings."
In the "RSS Feed Redirect" field, paste in your new Transistor feed URL.
Click "Save Changes."
This 301 redirect, will automatically forward anyone subscribed to the old RSS feed to your new one.
Forward your old Libsyn feed
- Go to your Dashboard, and click on "Destinations."
- Click "Edit" for the "Libsyn Classic Feed." Click "Advanced Options" at the bottom of the page.
- Paste in your new Transistor feed URL in the "Redirect Feed to this Web Address" input box.
- Libsyn will give you 30 days of content retention and RSS feed forwarding after you cancel.
Forward your old PodBean feed
Log into your account and visit this URL:
Step 7: Wait a few weeks, and delete your old hosting account
Once your show is imported, and iTunes, Overcast, Spotify, etc... are all pulling from your new podcast feed, you can delete your old account!
You're all done!
You might need to be patient while those changes propagate in iTunes.